Monday, January 3, 2011

Drinking Straws, Sunshine, and Death!



Today I am unable to pick just one thing to celebrate since there are so many great things today:
1. Drinking Straw Day


Grab your beverage of choice, and drop a straw in that sucka! Bonus points if it's a crazy straw. Slowly sip beverage and note how much more pleasurable it is with the straw.

2. The Earth is at Perihelion

That means today is the day when the earth is closest to the sun.

3. Momento Mori Day
Momento mori is a latin phrase that means, "Remember your mortality", meaning that today is a day to contemplate that you will eventually die.

At this very moment I am sitting on the porch with the suns rays trying to blind me, sipping the last of the egg nog through a monkey straw. Now I better go contemplate my eventual death.

No comments:

Post a Comment