Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Z-Day


Today is Z-day, which is something I had never heard of before, but here is is as defined by Urban Dictionary:

Noun (zee day): A term probably coined by Max Brooks which refers to the war between zombies and mankind. Derived from the word D-Day, which is a British term used to refer to a variable day on which a combat attack or operation is initiated. Z-Day is marked by a sudden attack on mankind by zombies, which will lead to a widespread zombie outbreak. There are a number of zombie survivalist groups worldwide (largely in the US, UK, and Canada), that are already planning what to do when this day comes.

But then I kept read and also found this definition:

any day that one takes to avoid daily responsibilities(usually a day of school)by faking some kind of illness.

I am thinking that today's celebration actually refers to the second definition because everyone is tired from New Years, but I celebrated both, just so I'm covering my bases.

So, today I slept in until almost noon, and also read this article about how to protect yourself from zombies (there is also an article on how to protect yourself from zombies stripper in case that is a concern for you). I feel pretty good about my zombies preparedness, since my food storage has me pretty much set. I will also include this article written by my sister about how zombies are misunderstood (although I'm not sure she knows what a zombie really is)

So I am sure you read books about vampires and werewolves but what about zombies. You probably have seen the Hollywood version, but we really aren’t that creepy. I mean, we are probably the most human like monster.

Anyway, zombies look ordinary, act ordinary, an nobody but other monsters can tell we are what we are. The only thing is we live or “eat” on human happiness.

Yeah, so I guess you could say we kill people by making them so depressed.

Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment